Copyright 2017 Okie Fastpitch
1. Team roster must be on usssa.com. Team roster must be kept current. If roster goes below nine (9) players, your points accumulated will disappear until roster again reaches at least nine (9) players.
2. Players must meet age/classification requirements.
3. Team must have a signed (by parents or players over 18 and manager) roster available if requested.
4. If a player is on more than one roster, all teams the player is rostered on must be the same classification.
5. All rosters will be LOCKED (defined below) the week of a team's first outdoor USSSA event or March 1, whichever occurs first. We are requiring teams to make sure their roster is current at that time.
6. A player must be on a USSSA roster to be considered a pickup player. A player not on another USSSA roster must be ADDED to your roster and is not considered a pickup. Pickup players are NOT to be added to your online roster. You must complete the Pickup Player Form, print out copy and turn in at tournament site. A pick up player can still be deemed an illegal player via protest through Tournament Director.
7. Rosters will be FROZEN the weekend of the State tournament. Players can NOT be double rostered at this time.
8. Once a team's roster becomes frozen, the team will be allowed to have only 3 adds and drops to the permanent roster for the remainder of the year. Adds must have played the same or lower classification during the current season to be eligible.
This is for PERMANENT players only. If a team chooses to pick up a player for any USSSA event other than World Series/National Championship after the roster becomes frozen, they may do that by filling out an online pick-up player form.
Here are a few definitions that are important to clarify:
a. FROZEN roster: Once a team enters a State Tournament, their roster will be frozen with the players that are currently on it. At this time, teams will only be allowed to make 3 roster changes between then and the end of the season (July 31st). Teams will still be allowed to play with pick-up players in qualifier events, but at post-season events, they will be required to use their FROZEN roster.
b. LOCKED roster: All USSSA rosters will be locked on March 1st. Teams that are LOCKED are still able to edit their roster at any point, but they are required to go through their State Director to accomplish it.